Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hello, Cypress Gardens

I went down to Charleston a few weekends ago to celebrate my birthday with my family, and while I was down there, I took the opportunity to do the photo shoot assigned for my Intro to Photo class. Of the 134 pictures I took, these are the five I weaned it down to:






Apparently, those were not good enough for my professor, as he said I should have picked these two:



Finally, (now that your web browser is screaming "NO MORE IMAGES!") we had to convert our five selected images to black and white:





5 comments:

  1. Awesome photos!! I like the 5 you picked....and I actually like the first one better in color.

    I don't like the 2 that he picked. Normally I like reflection pictures, but with these two, the reflection is a distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I still like mine--I can see why he liked those two better, but I'm still sticking with the ones I chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey I agree with Carlyn! i deff. like your pics much better, sometime don't understand what photo profs see...i had the same problem when i took photography in australia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, some seem to do better in color than in black & white. Where is this in Charleston?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cypress Gardens. It's about an hour northwest of the city of Charleston.

    ReplyDelete