Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Fifth

It's very simplistic, but better than a lot of stuff out there, and the meter/rhyme is pretty daggum good. Again, from high school. I can definitely see a correlation to "A Lesser Grief," which I will be posting in not too long.

The Fifth

I gaze at her each passing day
And wonder at what I should say.
To tell her what she means to me?
To tell her what in her I see?
To do so would reveal to much,
Few are the brave who would do such.
Simply one statement could disclose,
My feelings then it would expose.
To scrutiny public, before all,
Without anyone on whom to call.
Unless of course the feelings shared
(Could it be that indeed she cared?)
Would lead us both together pleased
Reputation safe from being seized?
If only assured my path could be,
And known it were she would agree.
With confidence approach I would and say:
"It's you who brings light to each day."
Alas, such knowledge still goes pursued,
As I remain here, sadly subdued.

No comments:

Post a Comment