Friday, January 23, 2009

More Old Poems

Just some old poems that I wrote a long daggum time ago. The first one I wrote in 2006, then revised and 'released' in 2007; the second I wrote my first summer working at TVR, while, coincidentally, running the archery range. It's short, but I like it.

"The Prodigal's Argue
"

Isn't this great?
You start by stabbing my stand,
You tell me I'm wrong,
That what I'm living's a lie,
Isn't the truth.
I battled that point,
But hey, can I live with
You believing that, but:
Second, you start
preaching me,
teaching me,
telling me,
all
about this belief.
But wait. Oh no.
Don't begin to berate
or instruct me in what
I know to be true
and lovingly live.
Don't flaunt all that's false
you claim of my faith.
This is mine [not alone].
Abandoment I accept,
[on your part] abandon it,
I can live with that, can I?
But don't even begin to tell me
about it, as if. You care?
Not that [I]t won't
welcome you back, brother lost.
but until then,
you, are interloping,
Trying to tell what
You still fail to grasp.
You're illegit,
Don't argue the kingdom,
How it works and is run;
Don't attempt to explain
That which you disdain.

"My Life: The Arrow"

O Lord, if my life
Be akin to an arrow,
Then I ask that its archer be you.

For with you as my
Marksman, my flight will be far
And the sin of my shot shall be none.

For what better a
Life than one led by the Lord?
And what truer a
Target than one guided by God?

No comments:

Post a Comment