Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bears Are Eating My Friends

Have you ever wondered to yourself why there are not more artistic interpretations of the lesser known scenes of the Bible? I have. Especially this one:
"From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths."
These two young gents have offered up a rather good song about the situation. Not the funniest, but quite entertaining just because I think they've corned the market on songs about this passage.

Although who knows? Maybe the recent interest may spark a whole new artistic renaissance pertaining to Elisha's form of youth ministry.



Here is the chorus:

"Bears are eating my friends! Female bears are ripping off our limbs. When you mock a prophet of the Lord you'll end up dead. Now I'm regretting those last words I said: Go on up, you baldhead."

And in the comments, someone said

1 comment:

  1. What happened to this video? I was so looking forward to sharing this at Bible study this week As we study 2 kings!

    ReplyDelete