Friday, December 25, 2009

The Goods

I found so many of the things I received on Christmas day enjoyable that I thought I would share some of them with you all:

1. The Complete Rhyming Dictionary -- Something I'd been interested in utilizing in some poetry. There's somewhere around a frillion entries for the words ending in the -ation sound. I'm sort of excited to use it.

2. A Rubik's cube. I have never honestly tried my hand at one and after about a half hour of toying around, I'm confusing myself, I'm sure.

3. Trans Siberian Orchestra's latest installment, Night Castle, a 26-track rockestral* piece accompanied by an illustrated storybook.

*this term has been copyrighted by the Timotheus Foundation, for exclusive use by Mr. T.J. Schley, Esquire in reference to the aforementioned band, Trans Siberian Orchestra, and may only be applied to other bands if Mr. Schley deems it appropriate.

4. Serious Drawings by Marc Johns. Someone and something I have mentioned before. It contains such wonderful entries as



his humor is very dry and very enjoyable. To me at least.

5. A crossbow. Not the literal, firing-wooden-arrows-into-your-chain-mail-covered-chest type, but a pretty good one, nonetheless. My roomates are going to love my family for giving me that one.

6. The 19th installment of my Hallmark Keepsake Ornament series, Puppy Love. If my puppy identification skills are still intact (and I believe they are), then it is a chcolate lab, hanging from a Christmas wreath.

7. A sword. Again, not the literal, my-blade-will-be-your-bane-you-evil-oppressor-of-the-innocent-and-enslaver-of-good-things type, but, rather, a Nerf sword.

What's this, you didn't know they made them in claymoresque edition? Well now you know. And knowing is half the battle. The other half being a Nerf sword. Again, I'm sure the Testosterhome's inhabitants are going to be quite thankful to my sister for that gift.

8. Other sundries, including, but not limited to socks (which I have been lacking) various candies, a grow-in-water Spiderman, a cross necklace and a Pillar CD.

So what did you get? Do share.

5 comments:

  1. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A NERF SWORD!! DO YOU KNOW HOW AWESOME IT WOULD BE FOR STAGE COMBAT?!?!

    Anyway.....

    I got a good bit of apartment stuff, since I am moving on the 1st of January, which included plates, silverware, pots & pans, a microwave and a toaster.

    Also, a really big papasan chair!

    The musicals Evita, Les Miserables, Mamma Mia, Carousel, State Fair and South Pacific.

    And, some random little nik-naks which included a rubber duck shaped like Big Ben!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the gifts I got:
    1. An anniversary dolphin clock...really beautiful.

    2. A Snuggle blanket

    3. Books, books, and more books

    4. Planet Earth
    __________________________________

    It's cool that you received a rhyming dictionary...I've only used them online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A duck shaped like Big Ben? How does that work.

    And you got the whole planet for Christmas!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It still seems anatomically difficult.

    ReplyDelete