Thursday, April 22, 2010

"Float On"--Modest Mouse

While I don't really listen to them a whole lot, and this was an overplayed hit, I still like this song by Modest Mouse. Part of that is due to the music video. It isn't really "pretty" or necessarily analogous to the song, but I can appreciate it artistically and from an purely entertaining perspective.

Also, I think the message is a good one. Especially at this time, because by the time this is posted I will have be running on substantially less than the necessary amount of sleep recommended for 21-year-old males.

Seriously, though--why do we stress so much about school, relationships, work, etc. We are all going to float on. Things are temporary and life is too. James 4:14 says our list is "a mist," and we are supposed to live as sojourners in this world, we are not of this world.

While I don't think Modest Mouse is looking at it from that point of view, you can still revel in the truth of the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment