Thursday, January 21, 2010

My 21st Birthday

Was this past Monday, the 18th, and was so momentous they gave me the day off from school and work. At least that's what people told me.

So, two out of three is not bad in my book (anyone care to guess which two?) But the day was definitely made that much better by a good friend's presence and going to see The Princess and the Frog.

I had thought about just letting go that Martin Luther King Jr. Day was on my birthday, I mean, there are enough people celebrating it enough already, right? Well, I took the time to sit and watch/listen to the entire speech. And it's powerful stuff. To tell the truth, it was the first time I had listened to the whole thing. I recommend you do it, if you never have.

Switching gears. Yes, I had myself some alcohol. Yes it was my first time. No, I actually didn't really enjoy it. I plan on trying some again. Maybe a Lemon Drop and a Rum & Coke wasn't the best place to start? I am open to your suggestions. Seriously. I have no idea what I am doing around a drink menu.

And that, was that.

2 comments:

  1. I had possibly too many drinks the week of my birthday, but I am a big fan of margaritas. (I don't really know if that's a girly drink or not... but I think it's for both sexes!) I also feel like you may enjoy a samuel adams. You seem like more of a beer person to me. I'm just guessing things here.
    Glad you had an awesome day Teej!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's the second person to call you a beer-man. Maybe it's a sign. Maybe it's not. But beer men generally agree - Sam Adams has the flavors and varieties to please.

    On a side note; a Margarita was my first real drink, yes it's almost certainly a girlie drink and you might get made fun of, a lot. But it's also the perfect summer drink made crazy awesome.

    ReplyDelete