Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Goodnightlove

Written late 2008; One of my best. The structure and meaning is some of my most skillful/purposeful.

"Goodnightlove"

Goodnightlove:
You are off to dream sweet things,
In your head,
On your bed,
I hope these things of one is me.

This day's love does cause exhaust,
I so fear,
You my dear,
May find it weary for the cost.

"Give all" is all that love asks,
None--not I,
Can deny,
That love not this is but a mask.

Mine mortal means indeed are
Too meager,
Far weaker,
Than will sustain you to afar.

Forforever:
The best of me to rest you
Never will,
Ever fill,
Or come to satisfy me too.

Mine incomparable acts
Rare indeed,
Ne'er succeed,
To fulfill you and love's contract.

I am small and of no weight
Simply man.
Foolish plan:
To love you in my current state.

My flesh is dark, hark! 'Tis weak!
So must you,
Love me true,
And find due end to which to seek.

Tillmorncomes:
Mine heart fails despite best try
My dearest,
You know this:
Contenting love, not mine, is nigh.

Perhaps whence this love scours,
All will see,
We will be,
Found to find each other is ours.

But only then, when love based,
Not in you,
Nor me too,
Will love not ours be our pure haste.

So shall you I hasten to,
At nights end,
I begin,
To love not you, yet love you true.

No comments:

Post a Comment