Monday, February 2, 2009

Much Too Strong For Fantasy

One of my better poems, relatively structured compared to most of m poems. I worked on this one for almost six months before I finished it. I think it turned out excellently. And yes, it has two titles, because I think both of them are completely effective.

"Much Too Strong For Fantasy”
-or-
"The Process By Which Two Persons Achieve Sustained Movement Through The Air"

You and I my darling dear
Will flit and flee into the sky
Far away from all our fears
And hallelujah we shall cry.

The others think they understand
Why our hands are clasped so tight;
To grasp the love on which we stand
One must with us engage in flight.

The love with which we fly is true
Stands firm quite through life's days and nights;
Depends not how I feel for you
And weathers all our faults and fights.

Self-sacrifice sustains us here
It takes ourselves out of our love
Removes the lust and leaves love clear;
We fly sans fear so far above.

The lucid sky our muse becomes
And sings our love's sweet covenant.
Our flesh and blood and love are one
My strength to fly less you, relents.

Darling dear so shall we fly
My worst and yours is in this best
For us the far is now brought nigh;
I wonder with wonder at how we've been Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment