Saturday, March 14, 2009

Gone Like Frank Sinatra

Except he's dead. I don't plan on dying tonight.

The deed is done. You are now reading the blog entry of an individual who is no longer in possession of a Facebook account.

It was amazing how hard Facebook tries to keep you on there. First, they list several friends who 'will miss you.' Congrats to Aubrey, Jeff, Miles, Josh and Kayla for being those friends. I thought that was legit, at least I didn't get the four or five people who I was friends with who I haven't actually met.

Then, they ask you to list the reason why you want to deactivate your account, and whenever you pick a choice, they have some link that would dissuade you from leaving if you followed it's instructions. Everything from "I spend too much time on here" to "I don't find Facebook useful." Ridiculous.

Then they have you give a longer explanation. I drilled them at this point. I hope the poor soul who is assigned my paragraph can feel the rancor in my words.

Finally, they require you to complete one of those safety check word twisted images, I guess to make sure you're not deactivating someone else's account. Whatever.

So now, I'm gone. We'll see if I can use this to my advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment