Saturday, April 11, 2009

Good Friday

I find it providentially ironic that today, the historical observance of the day Jesus was crucified was dark, gloomy, overcast and most noticeably thundering and lightning. Some people lean on coincidence. I prefer to lean on something firmer, more steadfast, and more benevolent.

A storm, filled with flashes of lightning and intense claps of thunder is one of the only metaphors with which nature can mimic, hint at or even imitate the beautifully cacophonic dichotomy of what happened on the cross.

In one location, in one act the flood of both God's wrath and His love met, heaved and broke a man so much that He cried out "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?" which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

I hope to rely on the man who suffered ultimately to ultimately save me from all of my suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment