Thursday, October 1, 2009

Blog Subscriptions

I don't know how you keep up with this blog (if you keep up with this blog), but for my subscriptions, I use Google Reader. It's a pretty bangin' tool, and makes it fairly easy to get all of your subscriptions in one location.

That being said, I have roughly 120 subscriptions, everything from friend's blogs to ministries' blogs, some authors, and several different webcomics. Over the summer, because I couldn't get online every day, I got way behind on my subscriptions. Like 400 unread posts behind.

Yesterday, I took it upon myself during my three hours at work to clear them all out, and I did. At 3:30 yesterday I had zero unread posts.

Now, I get on today and had 26 unread posts. Is that bad? Some people update two or three times a day, so it's a little understandable. But I could easily see blogging becoming as big a hindrance as Facebook was. Bleh.

How do you get your blog posts? Do you think it can be a hassle to keep up with them?

3 comments:

  1. You can't read everything. I use google reader to skim headlines and only read those things that catch my interest. Thought there are a handful of blogs that I follow every post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just know that I can't everything. I make strong efforts to read all of my friend's posts and a couple other interesting ones. The rest I skim and read if I have the time.

    I also go through and evaluate my subscriptions every so often. Get rid of some virtual clutter. Some blogs don't always stay interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice, both of you. I find that it's difficult for me to "let a blog go," because I'm pretty careful about choosing to subscribe to one, but I think I just need to suck it up a little.

    ReplyDelete