Sunday, October 25, 2009

Brainy McJazz-Jazz

I don't know why I gave this post that title, because that title is absolutely ridiculous. So am I. I know why I gave this post that title now.

Moving on: I am still currently writing a paper in the library computer lab. Facebook Farmville girl left a long time ago, but I forgot to mention something: Pandora.

Because my iPod decided it didn't like me and wanted to sleep/die for a while, I started up an account and have been playing around listening to various instrumental stuff so I don't get distracted by the lyrics. Explosions in the Sky was my first hit, then some David Holmes (he did the Ocean's movies soundtracks, for those of you who don't know).

I finally, however, jumped over to the Jazz Genre station. It's pretty bangin'. Plus, I don't know what it is, but there is something about jazz music that makes my soul want to get up and move around--even--dare I say it--DANCE.

That, and it is incredibly stimulating for my brain. Before I switched to the Jazz station, I was averaging a few sentences per 10 minute period. Since switching, I wrote a whole 2 paragraphs in 15 minutes. Ballin', yo.

Fats Waller, Pee Wee Russell, Art Hodes, Louis Armstrong...all great stuff.

Does jazz stimulate you mentally or in your soul?

If not, what type of music or band or song does?

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the process of writing a paper. this inspired me to change to jazz. we'll see if i have the same results, because its due in like 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it works out for you, let me know if it helped!

    ReplyDelete