Thursday, October 1, 2009

Martin Luther On Fun

Philip Melancthon:
"Today, Martin, you and I will discuss God's governance of the universe,"
Martin Luther:
"No, Philip. Today you and I are going fishing, and we'll leave the governance of the universe to God."

I am very glad that God leaves me to play video games and man the computer lab, write poetry and hammock, enjoy the fellowship of my friends and live, love, laugh while he takes care of the bigger picture.

As a theologically minded control-freak, I constantly want to know what is up when it comes to God's will, direction, and action. But I don't, and since I don't foresee me becoming God anytime in the near eternity, I never will. So I'm going to ride my bike.

What are you glad you can do instead of worrying about God's governance?

[from Jared Wilson via Jason Boyett]

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that I can step on crunchy leaves while God worries about changing them from green to orange.

    ReplyDelete