Friday, March 5, 2010

Polar War @ The Money


Wednesday night, after the usual scrumptious ritual of dinner at church and youth group, I took a bit of my free time to go over and see my friends Polar War play a show at The Money, which, you may not know, used to be called "Daddy's Money." I'm pretty sure that increases the creepiness of that place eightfold.

But in spite of the creepiness of the venue, it was a solid show. I really enjoyed hearing the new set they had, with a few songs recognizable from their Edgewood EP.

Will rocked it strong on vocals--there's some serious passion there--along with some bangin' organ (a phrase I'd never thought I'd use) and dat good ole Chaos Box. Don't ask me how that works.

Andy, Josh and Nog nailed the guitars as well. Stage presence was impressive, not static yet not erratic, a good and entertaining blend of the two. Also, background vocals for Nog and Andy were spot-on. Didn't take away from Will's at all, but support 'em all-out, as background vocals should.

And Dave, oh Dave! What can you say about some of the most intense and blasting drum work you've seen in a long time? Maybe that it is some of the most intense and blasting drum work you've seen in a long time. That sounds good. Good word choice, T.J., good job.

In short, if you missed it for schoolwork or not living in Rock Hill or some other lame excuse, then you missed out. Go check them out and buy their EP.

2 comments:

  1. I love watching Dave go to town on those drums... So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with all of this. polar war rocked. my first time at the money and i was not disappointed, but by the music, now the inside of the money is another story. haha.

    ReplyDelete