Tuesday, March 2, 2010

On Books


A Small Note on Books--

I have noticed that there are a great number of books in my ownership that I have yet to even attempt reading. Likewise, I continue to buy books that will almost immediately and inevitably begin to collect dust on my shelf, in the good company of the aforementioned unread books.

To help solve this most dubious of conundrums, I've made myself a promise that I won't buy a book (short of schoolbooks or some other required reading) unless I first finish a book. Hopefully this will help me to
A) Start reading some of the books I own.

B) Start buying books that I will actually read, as I will be limiting myself in my purchasing opportunities.
What are some of the books I have yet to read, you may ask? Or maybe not, but I'll tell you anyway:
*While I have somewhat renounced my mockery of the Harry Potter series, I do find it repeatedly hilarious that people want me to take the series seriously, when the author's name is "jk."

What do you think of my method?

Related:

1 comment:

  1. have you ever heard of a Library? :-) they have this awesome system where you Borrow the books, then return them and let them collect dust on their shelves instead of yours. Saves money and dusting.
    Percy Jackson was good. Was a pretty quick read.

    ReplyDelete